Thursday, December 23, 2010

Twas the Night Before the Night Before Christmas

And I think we’re FINALLY ready. I’ve been working quite a bit and also trying hard to fit in some projects that are important to me this December. We have also been CRAZY over scheduled. It’s all been fun, but goodness have we been busy! I’m so excited that work is done for me until January 10! I decided to buy an “entry level” sewing and embroidery machine. I’m LOVING it! I made felt coasters for James’ coworkers at church and a few of our close friends. Here’s an example:

IMG_1175

I also made some (seven, to be exact) super hero capes for my girls, my nephews and two of our sweet friends who had birthdays this month. They came out really cute, and thanks to my friend Jenny for helping me get started on them! I’ll save photos of those until after Christmas since they haven’t been “delivered” yet.

I’m having fun monogramming anything that makes sense. :) I did our Christmas napkins – check out our dining room table:

IMG_1168

IMG_1169  

I also decided to design our Christmas cards again this year based on a design I liked on another website. Here’s how they came out:

image

image

And we finished up our Christmas shopping last night and today. Whew! I made James stay up with me until almost 2am last night wrapping all of the gifts. Here’s our tree – getting so full! We’re blessed for sure, and we even spent way less than normal due to our upcoming Disney World trip! We were grateful to find some really good deals for some fun items for the girls.

IMG_1171

And, we managed to get the house decorated. Here’s the house this year – not dissimilar to last year:

IMG_1170

IMG_1172

IMG_1173

We love getting those Christmas cards! Keep them coming, people! 

I’ll do another post on the advent countdown we’re doing with the girls. It’s been SO fun, and I love knowing that 23 other families are all talking about the same thing we are. The girls are getting a lot out of it, and it’s helping to keep us grounded in the reason for the season – Christ’s birth!

We’re really looking forward to an entire week as a family and with our more extended family. Then, one week from tomorrow, we’re off to Disney World with the Cornwells! Can’t wait!

1 comment:

The Cornwell Family said...

It all looks so beautiful! We hope you have a blessed Christmas!

baby development
babies
baby