Sunday, April 8, 2007

Archive - From 1/8/06

Hi, everyone!

We thought since we have so many friends and family out of town now that we'd start up a website to chronicle the last half of the pregnancy.

A quick recap:

9/15/05 - Found out we were pregnant! James and I were about to share a bottle of wine when it occurred to me I'd better check before I downed half a bottle. :) I checked without telling James and sure enough! I went downstairs and told him I'd be unable to imbibe after all. Needless to say, he was very excited.

11/4/05 - We heard the heartbeat for the first time via doppler. All sounded normal!

1/3/06 - We saw our little girl on the sonogram machine for the first time. It was a really special moment. The doctor said everything looks healthy! He did say that my placenta was sitting a bit low, which is very common. For that reason, he wants to do another ultrasound in 2 months to make sure it has moved up, which it should. Since they're known to make mistakes sometimes on gender, we decided to wait until after that appointment before we ready the nursery. We're pretty sure it's a girl, though! In the photo, she's face down and you can really see her spine well. You can also see one of her legs and her head.

1/5/2006 - Our little girl gets her first few sets of clothes from Cookie and Crouchburger (my parents)! She got an adorable newborn swimsuit so she can enjoy our pool this summer, a pink jumpsuit, and a red and white checkered dress with matching hat.

1/7/2006 - Our little girl got her first clothes from Mama and Daddy. We got her two of those bed dress things that say Thank Heaven for Little Girls and Sweet Heart. We also got her a navy blue and white polka dotted mini skirt with matching top. So cute!

My pregnancy has gone amazingly well - I'm really counting my blessings. I've slept well so far in general, and I only got mild nausea for a few weeks during the first trimester. I'll admit I'm pretty tired most of the time, but if that's my only symptom most days, I'm doing really well, right?!

Oh - some of you may be wondering if she has a name yet! Well, that she does, but you'll have to wait until she's born to hear it. Something has to be a surprise, right?!

We'll post more pictures of my growing belly and more of our little girl soon!

No comments:

baby development
babies
baby