Sunday, April 8, 2007

Archive - From 6/15/06 - Two Week Checkup

Well, when they let us leave the hospital, they said they'd trust the care of our sweet girl to us for a whole two weeks. I consider it a success that we made it to the appointment with her healthy. :)

So, you may recall that she was 8lbs. 2oz. at birth. Babies lose up to 10% of their birth weight in the first few days after birth. She was 7lbs. 10oz. when we checked out of the hospital on June 3rd. The pediatrician was expecting her to be back at her birth weight or slightly above today. Well, our little piggy weighed in at 9lbs. 2oz.! She gained a whole pound over her birth weight. The pediatrician couldn't believe it but said that it was great. Everything else looked good, so it was a pretty uneventful appointment aside from the big weigh-in.

I had my two week checkup as well. Everything looked good with my incision, and I've lost over half of the baby weight already. That was encouraging. My OB also confirmed that I can still try for a natural birth next time. (Sometimes with emergency c-sections you can't.) I was glad to hear that.

All else is going well. She wakes up about every 3 hours through the night, but she goes back down quickly so it's not bad. Aunt Jennie, Uncle Dave and cousin Georgie get here on Wednesday, so we're excited for the cousins to meet!

No comments:

baby development
babies
baby