Sunday, April 8, 2007

Archive - From 1/26/06 - Baby's New Home

Hi, everyone,

All is going splendidly in the Wiebe world. I added a photo album with pictures of our home. There are before and after shots so you can get an idea of how much work James did. I must say that the old kitchen picture really doesn't give you an appreciation for how ugly the wallpaper in there was, so you'll have to take our word for it. We did the colors in there and in the breakfast room the same as we plan to knock out that wall someday. We also hope to remodel the kitchen with new appliances and cabinets someday as well. In the bedroom picture, you can't really tell the color of the wall because of the light. We did sort of a muted plum. We really like how it turned out. The yellow from before was okay, but it looked lime at night and I didn't like that, so we went for it.

The one room you might notice is missing is the nursery. While we've ordered some of her furniture and such, we're waiting on one more ultrasound before we decorate - just to be sure. That should happen the first week of March, so it won't be long now. I'm so excited to start putting it together, though.

I realized in my initial post that I focused mostly on some of the clothes she's gotten so far and didn't talk about some of the gifts she's received.

Her first gift ever was a really cute soft teddy bear from Uncle Mark and Aunt Jocelyn. Every kid should start off life with a teddy bear, right?! Then, the Wiebe family was really kind to our little girl at Christmas as well. She picked up a couple of books and also a Weebleville Town! (You know, Weebles wobble but they don't fall down.) Seems so appropriate that Baby Wiebe has Weebles! :)

As for me, I'm still feeling really great. I wish I had a little more energy still (I told James the worst part of my day is getting out of bed for work every morning!), but I really can't complain. I've been feeling her move a lot, which is so fun. James was able to feel her a lot a couple of nights ago as well, and she even seemed to respond to his voice!

Our other big news is that James and I were planning a small 'Babymoon' for sometime in March or April. We were doing the research and figuring out what we wanted to do when we came across an really good deal on a last minute cruise. We prayed about it, and basically everything fell into place - with my work, finances, and even Cousin Joe to come stay and watch Abby for us. So....we're heading to our Carribean cruise on Sunday!!! I still can't believe it. I'm so excited. What will I wear? I have no idea, but I'll figure it out between now and Sunday! It leaves from Galveston, so we can just drive down. We'll be stopping in Montego Bay, Grand Cayman and Cozumel on the Carnival Conquest. We'll be sure and post pictures upon our return.

Jamaica, Bahamas and Mexico - Here we come!

No comments:

baby development
babies
baby