Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Two is Cute!

I have to say that while the third year of life (when they're 2) is definitely not without its challenges, it sure is fun!

James has always asked Ellie where her "sugar" was and has taught her that it's under her arms where he often tickles her. It's just one of their "things". I was giving her a bath last night, and in typical 2-year-old style, she wanted to do everything "myself".

"My arm"
"My elbow"
"My knee"
(Lifting her arm up) "My sugar"

Just like it was another normal body part! :)

Tonight, I decided it was time for her to have her first tea party. So, we took out the tea set that PaPa gave her (via Aunt Pen) and set it up on her Noah's Ark table in the playroom. We were in there for probably 30 minutes drinking pretend tea. "More cream please, Mama"....and I taught her to say "This tea is delightful!" although it sounded more like "lightful".

It was fun, and it was one of those sweet Mama moments where you look at your child and her curls are beautiful and perfect and her sweet face looks up at you and smiles and you just think "I can't believe God entrusted this amazing creature to US!"

2 comments:

Libby said...

awwww, that is so sweet! i love moments like that! i can totally imagine ellie saying those things and i can see her sweet face and big smile. what precious times!

Helen said...

Okay ... now I have to get Heather a tea set so that she can serve afternoon tea to Rebekah and I. That is just to adorable.

P.S. I am so glad that I'm not the only one who has had life interfere with regular blogging.

baby development
babies
baby